- This event has passed.
The Power of Mindful Self-Compassion, London, UK
Join us for a one-day workshop with Dr. Kristin Neff, a leading self-compassion researcher, author, and Associate Professor at the University of Texas Austin. Self-compassion involves treating ourselves kindly, like we would a good friend we cared about. Rather than continually judging and evaluating ourselves, self-compassion involves generating kindness toward ourselves as imperfect human beings. This workshop will provide simple tools for responding in a compassionate way whenever we are experiencing painful emotions. Through discussion, meditation, and experiential exercises, participants gain practical skills of mindfulness and self-compassion. A lecture on the theory and research into self-compassion will be provided, and several informal self-compassion practices for use in daily life will be taught. The phenomena of backdraft – adverse reactions to self-compassion practice – will be discussed. Finally, participants will learn self-compassion practices designed to work with difficult emotions, motivate oneself from a place of kindness rather than criticism, combat caregiver fatigue, and cultivate self-appreciation. The workshop is relevant for the general public as well as mindfulness teachers and mental health professionals looking to learn more about the benefits of self-compassion (a certificate of attendance can be provided for your CPD portfolio).
Specific Learning Objectives
- Identify the three key components of self-compassion;
- Describe key research that supports the benefits of self-compassion;
- Practice techniques to increase self-compassion in everyday life;
- Motivate yourself with kindness rather than self-criticism; and
- Understand the role of self-compassion in caregiver fatigue.
This 1-Day Workshop is being managed by The Mindfulness Project. Please click on this link for details and to register: 1 Day MSC course in London
- DATE & TIME: Saturday, July 13, 2019 from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- LOCATION: Mary Ward House Conference Centre, 5-7 Tavistock Place, Kings Cross, London WC1H 9SN
- PRICE: £125.00