- This event has passed.
The Power of Mindful Self-Compassion daylong workshop Sydney
June 24, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
‘With self-compassion, we give ourselves that same kindness and care we’d give to a good friend.’
Self-compassion involves treating ourselves kindly, like we would a good friend. It motivates us to make needed changes in our lives not because we’re worthless or inadequate, but because we care about ourselves and want to lessen our suffering.
This one-day workshop will provide simple tools for responding in a kind, compassionate way whenever we are experiencing painful emotions. Through discussion, meditation, and experiential exercises, you will gain practical skills to help bring self-compassion into your daily life.
You will learn how to stop being so hard on yourself; handle difficult emotions with greater ease; and motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism. Practices will also be introduced to help ease stress for caregivers.
This course is relevant for the general public as well as to practicing mental health professionals.
Specific Learning Objectives
- Identify the three key components of self-compassion
- Describe key research that supports the benefits of self-compassion
- Understand the difference between self-compassion and self-esteem
- Practice techniques to increase self-compassion in everyday life
- Motivate yourself with kindness rather than self-criticism