- This event has passed.
Cultivating the Power of Self-Compassion
February 26, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Self-compassion involves treating ourselves kindly, as we would a good friend we cared about. Rather than continually judging and evaluating ourselves, self-compassion involves generating kindness toward ourselves as imperfect humans and learning to be present and in greater ease with the inevitable struggles of life. Self-compassion motivates us to make needed changes in our lives, not because we’re worthless or inadequate, but because we care about ourselves and want to lessen our suffering.
Join renowned self-compassion expert Kristin Neff for a transformative and healing workshop on understanding and cultivating the power of self-compassion. We all want to avoid pain, but letting it in—and responding compassionately to our own imperfections without harsh self-condemnation—are essential steps toward living happier, more fulfilling lives.
Kristin provides simple tools for responding in a kind, compassionate way whenever we are experiencing painful emotions. Through lecture, discussion, meditation, and experiential exercises, participants learn about self-compassion and gain practical skills to bring it into daily life. Discover how to stop being so hard on yourself, learn how to handle difficult emotions with greater ease and motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism.
The Cultivating the Power of Self-Compassion workshop is live online and takes place over TWO days. Saturday Workshop Hours are 10:00 am – 1:00 pm (PST). Sunday workshop hours are 10:00 am – 1:00 pm (PST).
This workshop is appropriate for healthcare professionals as well as the general public. Healthcare professionals will be able to incorporate the teachings in ways beneficial to clients or patients. Practices will also be introduced to help ease stress for caregivers.
Learning Objectives: By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- List the three key components of self-compassion.
- Describe key research that supports the benefits of self-compassion.
- Demonstrate techniques to increase self-compassion in everyday life.
- Demonstrate how to motivate yourself with kindness rather than self-criticism.
- Use self-compassion in caregiver settings.
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals
6 CE credits are available for an additional fee of $45. After you register for the workshop, your confirmation email from Eventbrite will contain a link to the site where you can purchase the CEs from our co-sponsor, Spiritual Competency Academy (SCA). CEs may be purchased at any time before the workshop, but only those who have purchased in advance will receive credits. Unfortunately, we are unable to issue CEs retroactively.
- CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Academy(SCA) which is co-sponsoring this program. The Spiritual Competency Academy is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Spiritual Competency Academy maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFTs, and other mental health professionals from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- SCA is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California. RNs must retain this document for 4 years after the course concludes.SCA is an approved CE provider for National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coaches (CEP Number 100196).
- For questions about completing the CE evaluation materials for this course, as well as receiving your Certificate of Attendance, contact CIIS Public Programs at email@example.com. For questions about CE, visit www.spiritualcompetency.com or contact David Lukoff, PhD at CE@spiritualcompetency.com.